ETHERNET FIRST MILE
EFM offers considerable cost savings against traditional fibre based solutions, making it the perfect solution for businesses requiring business critical connectivity for voice and data applications.
As well as saving money on installation and recurring fees, EFM provides fast installation times compared to fibre connectivity with services provisioned within 45 working days.
Stream Networks Ethernet First Mile services can be used for Direct Internet Access or alternatively incorporated into a private MPLS or IP VPN network, providing businesses with flexible access technology.
• EFM (Ethernet in the First Mile) is a high-speed uncontended broadband line that delivers guaranteed speeds of up to 20Mbs.
• The line is not shared with anyone else and offers symmetrical download and upload speeds.
• EFM consists of multiple pairs. If one pair breaks, others remain working and service continues.
• Installation is quick and cost efficient compared to Fibre based circuits.
• Uncontended and resilient bandwidth.
• The symmetrical nature of this product makes it ideal for technologies such as VOIP or video conference without suffering any latency.
A cost effective business grade service that is reliable and offers symmetrical connection at guaranteed speeds.
• Why is my guaranteed speed up to 20Mbs and not definitively 20Mbs?
EFM uses existing copper wiring meaning that the speed you receive will be dependant on proximity to the nearest exchange and the quality of the wiring. We will factor all of this and give you a speed that we can guarantee you will receive.
• What are the Service Level Agreements for EFM?
We offer a high level of SLA’s for all our EFM services including a guaranteed fix time of six hours.