Ethernet First Mile
Ethernet in the First Mile, or EFM connectivity as it more commonly known, is a highly resilient and uncontended Ethernet Service.
The service is a cost-effective middle ground between Fibre to the Cabinet Broadband and Fibre Ethernet Leased Lines making it an ideal solution for those who require business critical connectivity but cannot afford a high monthly outlay.
The line is not shared with anyone else, meaning that users will not suffer from any contention issues at peak periods and also offers guaranteed symmetrical speeds of up to 20Mbs.
A further crucial element to EFM is that it supported by stringent Service Level Agreements, ensuring that any outages are quickly resolved.
As with all our connectivity services, EFM from Stream Networks can be used for Direct Internet Access or alternatively incorporated into a private MPLS or IP VPN network, providing businesses with flexible access technology.
- Cost-effective alternative for dedicated bandwidth
- Uses existing copper infrastructure resulting in a hassle-free installation
- Free installation
- Up to 6 IP addresses free of charge
- Full-proof SLAs to alleviate risk of downtime
Who should use EFM connectivity?
EFM connectivity is for the businesses who recognise that having a stable and resilient internet connection is crucial to the success of their business.
How does EFM work?
Ethernet First Mile ties pairs of copper wiring together, and comes in 2 and 4 pair variants to deliver synchronous bandwidth speeds of up to 20Mbs. The copper wire runs directly to a business’s premise from the telephone exchange.
• Why is my guaranteed speed up to 20Mbs and not definitively 20Mbs? EFM uses existing copper wiring meaning that the speed you receive will be dependant on proximity to the nearest exchange and the quality of the wiring. We will factor all of this and give you a speed that we can guarantee you will receive.
• What are the Service Level Agreements for EFM? We offer a high level of SLA’s for all our EFM services including a guaranteed fix time of six hours.