Acceptable Usage Policy
- Stream Networks's Acceptable Use Policy ("Policy") is intended to help protect the Stream Networks network, Stream Networks's customers and the Internet community in general from irresponsible or, in some cases, illegal activities.
- Stream Networks customers and their end users shall not, nor shall they permit or assist others, to use the Stream Networks Service for any breach of any applicable law or generally accepted transmission or application protocols applicable to the Internet or any part of it or to anything connected to it or to any user of it. Such prohibited use includes but is not limited to the following:a. civil infringement of and/or criminal offences relating to copyright, trade marks or any other intellectual property right in any jurisdiction; orb. commission of any criminal offence (including deliberate transmission of computer viruses) under the Computer Misuse Act 1990 ( UK ) or any similar legislation in any country; or
c. knowingly or recklessly transmitting, displaying or posting to a publicly accessible service any material which is unlawful or actionably defamatory or an invasion of privacy, breach of an intellectual property right or breach of a right of publicity in any jurisdiction with which any publicly accessible service reasonably appears to have any connection or from which it may reasonably be apprehended that a publicly accessible service is likely to be significantly accessed; or
d. transmitting, transferring, displaying or posting to a publicly accessible service any material in breach of the Data Protection Act 1998 (UK) or similar legislation in any other country or of any material which is confidential or is a trade secret or which affects the national security of the United Kingdom or the said territory or which may expose Stream Networks to any retribution or penalty under the laws and/or regulations and/or decrees of the United Kingdom or any other country relating to the export of or dealing with military or potentially military resources; or
e. use of the Stream Networks Service or the Internet in any manner which is a violation or infringement of any rights of any kind or nature (whether like to any of the foregoing or otherwise) of any person, firm or company within the United Kingdom and elsewhere; or
f. unauthorised access to the network management equipment of Stream Networks or other Internet providers; or
g. forgery of Internet addresses or other fields in IP packets by the Customer; or
h. any sending of unsolicited email messages or any mass mailing of unsolicited advertising material by the Customer; or
i. any activity that potentially could harm Stream Networks's network, its customers' networks or other networks; or
j. Any activity either directly or indirectly which Stream Networks have reason to believe may cause disruption to the networks operated directly by Stream Networks and/or its customers and partners
- Each Stream Networks customer is responsible for:a. Maintaining email addresses (preferably as an email alias) of the forms firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com for receiving complaints of network abuse activities, as suggested by Internet Official Protocol Standard RFC 2142. Typically, these email addresses will forward emails to the real user accounts of the responsible persons for treating the network misuse complaints.b. The activities of its customer base or end-users and, by accepting service from Stream Networks, is agreeing to ensure that its customers abide by this Policy. If irresponsible or illegal activity continues, even after Stream Networks tries to communicate with the customer, then the customer may be subject to an appropriate action in order to stop those activities.
- All complaints related to network misuse - including email abuse (SPAM) are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stream Networks reserves the right at its sole discretion to discontinue service provision in the event the client is in breach of policies defined in Clause 2 a - j. Any such breach will be notified to the client in writing and the service will be withdrawn should the client fail to remedy such breach within 7 working days of notification. Should the service be withdrawn under this provision the client will not be entitled to any price reduction, discount or refund. Any monies due for such service remain payable in full.
- Stream Networks reserves the right to modify this Policy at any time by publication of the revised policy on the Stream Networks website.